Is it Friday finally? Finally?? Here are the things that (happily) got me through the week.
- Lobster K‘s shiny new J-O-B. She’s graduating with a Masters in Teaching and a teaching license this spring and someone has already snapped her up for summer term to teach. I’m really really proud of her and The Lobsterman for working through two graduate programs together (he’s getting a Ph.D. in maths), without killing themselves or one another.
- I’m still stuck on coffee. 40 days is a long time you guys! Lent (there’s a post about that coming soon too) was really useful for me spiritually, and I do appreciate the ritual and tradition of it- but I also really appreciate my preferred morning beverage being back in my mornings!
- Heartland, Season 6. With a little inventive importing (thanks Grandma!) I picked up my newest DVD’s while we were in Vegas (it was cheaper to order them in Canada, and she always complains she can’t get me gifts- her personalized delivery was my Easter present). I love this show because it’s the closest thing I can get to the ranching life without being broke, fly bitten, and sunburned. It’s like being back in the barn without all the troubles of shoveling s**t, heaving hay, and getting stepped on by cows and cowboys. Best of all, its dramatic only in the realistic ways, which means not everyone is sleeping with everyone else, and not everyone is a vampire.
Embed from Getty Images
a7a7a7;”>#185718811 / gettyimages.com
- Not to be a total corporate follower, but I’m loving Starbucks transition to Teavana teas (and Oprah’s new blend). Though Teavana isn’t local to me like their former supplier, it is a higher quality tea and has a much better flavor profile and selection. As much as I love coffee, everyone deserves tea too.
- IKEA runs with my Mama- it sounds stupid, but it’s totally something we do together, and I’m excited to go this weekend. Affordable, sturdy, and handsome furniture!
What do you loves this week?
Happy Friday! Love, Mae