Ya’ll I haven’t a night off this week. As in the last time I wasn’t booked up being a responsible social person was last Thursday… and the next night off I can see is next Tuesday. I’m drowning in the need to drown my
sorrows exhaustion in some soy cream (which I don’t have time to pick up) and laundry doing (I’m about to be going commando if I can’t get it together real soon).
- Trader Joe’s Soy Cream. It is simply the best dairy alternative in town and I’m out, and I don’t have time to go get some at the store, and I’m sad. Really really sad.
- Dad sponsored late night Dairy Queen Blizzard runs. This is family summer tradition, where I “take the hit” with dairy and accept the stomach ache and internal hives (yes that’s a thing and no it’s not fun). Dad throws everyone in the car, just before bedtime, and we get whatever we want. He is Awesome, and our Blizzard season started this week, when we went over 85* in the Valley.
- The ever ridiculously helpful BookBoy and his Handyman tendencies. Since BookBoy is working as a handyman while on break from being a freaking genius at school, I feel guilty using his talents, but I occasionally break down for Girl Scouts and asked. He came over to help me with one project for the girls (making bead looms) then found me examining another project, and ended up spending half an hour assisting in the dismantling of an old desk to make way for my new desk. I did not ask for help- he just jumped in. Because he’s awesome like that.
- Spring Cleaning. Okay maybe not- but I do love the result of culling the shelves, closets and flat surfaces so I can move the book collection that now has a person sized spot on the bed to new home. With my new IKEA purchases from two weeks ago (and BookBoy’s assistance) I am
quicklytoo freaking slowly moving towards better organization.
- Summer Hours at work. I don’t like getting up early- seriously. As in there have been punches thrown about it, and I broke multiple alarm clocks, back when people still had alarm clocks (my phone has insurance for this precise reason). But my boss agreed to a skewed 8-4.30 shift for the summer, so I can do some extra volunteer hours, and get a little sunshine in my life. I think I’ll take up sleeping.
Hows your week going? Are you getting any sleep? Or sunshine at least?
Friday Loves, Mae